28 Years in 3 Minutes
28 daily reminders I implement daily to live a happier, healthier, more fulfilled life.
I turn 28 in two days
There isn't anything particularly special about the number.
28 isn't 30,
30 isn't 50,
50 isn't 100.
Each milestone seems to stairstep in significance and 28 is... well... 28.
With that said, I've never been more excited to begin a new year.
New challenges, opportunities, learnings, failures, adventures, and memories await.
But first, reflection...
2020 was a year of many lessons - internal and external.
Reflecting on the craziness - the good, the bad, and everything in between - I compiled a short list of reminders. These were originally intended for my eyes only. I'm not an expert. I don't know everything. I can't even confidently say you should follow my advice.
These are reminders I revisit daily. They comprise the core of my belief system.
My hope is some may be useful to you as well.
28 Daily Reminders
- Go First.
- Be Intentional.
- Pursue Perpetual Positives.
- Your mood makes the day, not the other way.
- Manage your focus, not your time.
- Perfection is the enemy of progress.
- Tomorrow becomes never. Start.
- 1% today, every day, is 37x in 365 days.
- Challenge yourself until failure. Repeat.
- Your brain is for thinking, not remembering.
- Ideas are worth nothing without application.
- Learning is a superpower.
- Confidence is a choice.
- Skepticism is valuable, cynicism is not.
- Guide on the side, not a sage on stage.
- Stress & anxiety are self-induced.
- Compare only if you understand the contrasts.
- Celebrate others' successes. Always.
- Ongoing optimistic outlook.
- Don't let your wants get the best of you.
- Kill 'em with kindness.
- Prescribe vitamins, not pain killers.
- Sleep is sacred.
- Exercise is essential.
- Eat for performance, don't perform to eat.
- Create more than you consume.
- Ensure your what's are aligned with your why.
- Change the world by example, not through opinion.
⭐️ Refuse to live a life filled with "if only's."
I hope you found my list useful,
Try assembling a list of your own.
Use it as a reference from time-to-time.
We venture off track daily.
It helps to have a compass.
This Week's Quote ⭕
... is not a quote, is just as thought provoking, and is more fun to watch!
(Live action look at me on my birthday)
Community Highlights 🍾
If you or someone you know has a highlight to share with the community, reply to this email.
Each week I'll share them here so we can celebrate you!
Let's Keep Growing 🚀
If you're new to the community, welcome aboard! 👋
Gained value? Share WHI&T with one other friend who might like it. 💌
That's it for this week, everyone.
I'm always focused on improving the quality of my content for your enjoyment.
Send me a message anytime @Whit Rasmussen I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Until next time - be well, be intentional, and be yourself!
Whit Rasmussen's Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox. No spam, unsub at any time. We would love to have you in the community!